Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Micro-USB Cables For Charging
Are you in search of the best micro-USB cables for charging that lasts long and offers a stable connection? Well, look no further because we have some great options for you.
After 3 hours of research and analysis of 30 models currently popular in the market, we’ve picked out the top 3 best micro USB cables for charging phone/devices you’d find in the market.
Our choice: Best inexpensive
This model is simple and affordable: 90 cm long, it allows both data transfer up to 480 MB / s and device loading. It has gold-plated connectors which give it better corrosion resistance and optimal signal. However, it is not armored. Finally, the manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on this model. This micro-USB cable is simple and focuses on the essentials.
This 1m micro-USB cable can transfer files up to 480MB / s and charge multiple devices. It has gold-plated connectors to prevent corrosion and ensure an optimal connection with your peripherals. Another advantage of this cable: it has a triple shielding which gives it better protection against interference, and also makes it more flexible. Finally, the manufacturer offers an 18-month warranty on this cable. This micro-USB cable is more robust than average. It is suitable for people who travel regularly and want a strong cable.
This 90 cm model is intended to be more than a simple micro USB cable: it has a series of tips that allow you to connect USB-C and Lightning devices. This is a huge advantage, especially when you are on the move since it reduces the number of cables to carry. This cable does not have a shield or gold connector, but the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty. This model is therefore intended for people who are regularly on the move. If it is not more robust than the average, its lifetime warranty allows it to be replaced in the event of a defect.
Our Top Picks
|Our choice, Best inexpensive||Best midrange||Best high end|
|AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Cable||UGREEN Micro USB Fast Charge and Sync Nylon Braided Cable||Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 cable|
|This model is intended to be very simple and affordable. It does not have any type of protection on its wire, but nevertheless has golden connectors. It is intended for those who want a classic cable.||This model has the advantage of being armored, which makes it more resistant to twisting. It has gold connectors and has an 18 month warranty. It is suitable for those who travel.||This model allows you to connect different tips to charge devices in micro USB, but also in USB-C and Lightning. It targets those who have a lot of peripherals.|
- Why trust us ?
- How did we make our choice?
- Our Choice, the best cheap micro USB cable: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A male to micro B cable
- The best mid-range micro USB cable: UGREEN Micro USB Cable Fast Charge and Sync Nylon Braided
- The best high-end micro USB cable: Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 cable
- Honorable mentions
Why trust us?
The Selectos editorial team spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing and comparing products to find those that offer the best value for money.
None of our articles are sponsored. We sometimes receive a commission when you purchase a product through our links, which allows us to fund our work while remaining completely impartial. Find out more.
How did we make our choice?
Micro-USB cables correspond to a standard that appeared in spring 2007 and succeed mini-USB cables. It can perform no less than 10,000 connection and disconnection cycles.
Here we are targeting Type B micro-USB cables, which are currently the most common. We have also chosen cables between 90 cm and 1 m, but be aware that the majority of models are offered in several sizes.
To help you make the right choice and find a micro-USB cable that meets your needs, it is necessary to carry out research on essential criteria:
- Transfer capacity : some USB cables, often white in color, only allow devices to be recharged. We made sure to choose only models capable of both charging and transferring data by connecting them to a computer.
- Shielding : this is an important criterion depending on where you want to install your cables. Shielding is recommended if your cable is entangled with others, or if they are subject to strong electromagnetic interference. Under normal use, it is not necessary.
- The form : some micro-USB cables have “extensions” that allow you to change the tips and thus charge a multitude of peripherals. Generally more expensive, they are however very practical, especially when you are on the move.
Based on these elements and after going through numerous user reviews and specialized tests, we have been able to establish our selection of the best micro-USB cables on the market, each in its price range.
PS: for a slightly more recent solution, our selection of USB-C cables may interest you.
Our Pick: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Cable
The best mid-range micro USB cable: UGREEN Micro USB Cable Fast Charge and Sync Nylon Braided
The best high-end micro USB cable: Anker PowerLine II 3-in-1
At present, no product available on the European market seemed to us to have the qualities necessary to appear alongside our main selection. We will be sure to offer you interesting alternatives as soon as we know about them.
- Android Central, Best Micro-USB Cables in 2020, 18 novembre 2020
- Business Insider, Best Micro USB cables in 2020, 18 novembre 2020
- Digital Trends, The best Micro USB cables for 2020, 18 novembre 2020
- NYTimes, The Best Micro-USB Cable, 18 novembre 2020
- TechAdvisor, Best Micro-USB Charging Cables 2020, 18 novembre 2020
- TechLounge, 7 Best Micro USB Cables in 2020, 18 novembre 2020