It is increasingly difficult to choose a good tablet, so we have created a comparison with the best-selling tablet models in 2022: Amazon’s Kindle Fire vs Samsung’s Galaxy Tab vs Google’s Nexus vs Apple’s iPad.
In the following two tables, you can find the main technical characteristics of each of the devices. In the first table are the smallest tablets (7″ and 7.9″) and in the second table the largest (from 8.9″ to 10.1″).
Comparative Tablets 7″ and 7.9″
In this table we will find the 7″ Amazon Kindle Fire HD and HDX models, along with the 7″ Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 7″ Google Nexus 7 and 7.9″ iPad Mini.
These are the models with smaller dimensions, perfect to take with you everywhere. Its weight is very convenient for all those who want to use these tablets for a long time without their hands and arms getting stiff.
We are going to find a fairly wide price range.
All models except the iPad Mini (uses iOS) use Android as the operating system.
|MODEL||Kindle Fire HD||Kindle Fire HDX||Galaxy Tab 3||Google Nexus 7||iPad mini|
|WHERE TO BUY||To buy||To buy||To buy||To buy||To buy|
|SCREEN resolution||1280x800px (216 ppp)||1920x1200px (323 ppp)||1024x600px (170 ppp)||1920x1200px (323 ppp)||1024x768px (163 ppp)|
|Processor||1,5 GHz, Dual-Core||2,2 GHz, Quad-Core||1,2 GHz, Dual-Core||1,5 GHz, Quad-Core||1 GHz, Dual-Core|
|Audio||Stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus||Stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus||Stereo speakers||Dual speakers with surround sound||Dual loudspeakers|
|Battery duration||Up to 10 hours||Up to 11 hours||Up to 8 hours||Up to 9 hours||Up to 10 hours|
|Wifi||Dual band wifi and an antenna||Dual band dual antenna wifi||Wifi from an antenna||Wifi from an antenna||Wifi from an antenna|
|Wireless connection||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only||4G LTE optional||4G LTE optional|
|Camera||Without camera||720p front-end||1.3 MP front, 3 MP rear||1.2 MP front, 5 MP rear||1.2 MP front, 5 MP rear|
|CAPACITY Storage||8 o 16 GB||8, 16 o 32 GB||8 GB + microSD card||16 o 32 GB||16, 32 o 64 GB|
|Dimensions||231 x 158 x 7,8mm||239 x 163 x 9,0mm||243 x 176 x 8,0mm||240 x 170 x 7,5mm||241 x 186 x 9,0mm|
|Weight||345 grams||303 grams||299 grams||290 grams||308 grams|
Comparative Tablets 8.9″, 9.7″, and 10.1″
In this table we are going to find the 8.9″ Kindle Fire HD and HDX models from Amazon, along with the 10.1″ Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 9.7″ iPad Air and 9.7 iPad 2.
These are the models with larger dimensions, perfect for all those who need a larger screen and better features than those available in the previous models. Thanks to these features, they can be suitable for all those who use tablets for work.
We are going to find a fairly wide price range. From € 199 for Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD to Apple’s iPad Air, which costs around $500.
All models except the iPad Air and Mini (use iOS) use Android as the operating system.
|MODEL||Kindle Fire HD||Kindle Fire HDX||Galaxy Tab 3||iPad Air||iPad 2|
|WHERE TO BUY||To buy||To buy||To buy||To buy||To buy|
|SCREEN resolution||1920x1200px (254 ppp)||2560x1600px (339 ppp)||1280x800px (149 ppp)||2048x1536px (264 ppp)||1024x768px (132 ppp)|
|Processor||1,5 GHz, Dual-Core||2,2 GHz, Quad-Core||1,6 GHz, Dual-Core||Apple A7, 64-bit||Apple A5, 32-bit|
|Audio||Stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus||Stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus||Stereo speakers||Dual loudspeakers||Stereo speakers|
|Battery duration||Up to 10 hours||Up to 12 hours||Up to 8 hours||Up to 10 hours||Up to 10 hours|
|Wifi||Dual band dual antenna wifi||Dual band dual antenna wifi||Dual band wifi||Dual band wifi||Dual band wifi|
|Wireless connection||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only||4G LTE optional||Optional 3G|
|Camera||720p front-end||720p front, 8 MP rear||1.3 MP front, 3 MP rear||720p front, 5 MP rear||Front VGA, rear 720p|
|CAPACITY Storage||16 o 32 GB||16, 32 o 64 GB||16 GB + microSD||16, 32, 64 o 128 GB||16 GB|
|Dimensions||240 x 164 x 8,8mm||231 x 158 x 7,8mm||243 x 176 x 8,0mm||240 x 169,5 x 7,5mm||241 x 186 x 9,0mm|
|Weight||567 grams||374 grams||508 grams||469 grams||601 grams|
What Is The Best Tablet According To My Needs?
- First of all we are going to have to opt for one of the two groups. Do we want the screen to be more or less large? Depending on this characteristic, we will look at the first or the second table.
- When we have already decided on a size, the next big question comes: Apple with iOS? or Does everyone else with Android? Here there are always detractors or fans of Apple, but it cannot be denied that Apple has done a magnificent job with its tablets. Not only were they the pioneers in this field, but they have continued to have a body of advantage over their competitors in design, number of applications and proper functioning of their devices. Only Samsung has managed to get closer to the brand of the bitten apple with its Galaxy Tab.
- Is storage capacity important? No. We can always free up space by making backups of the device on our computer, so we would never spend more money to have more GB available.
- Is it enough to have only WIFI connectivity? In general yes. It is not worth paying another bill to our phone company for having 3G or 4G
- Is it important that I have a good camera? No, unless it is our main device to take photos… But for that we already have the mobile, right?
- Battery duration? In general, they all have a very good battery life, so it would be difficult to select them by this parameter.
- Price? This is an important factor. Amazon tablets are the cheapest, but they are only suitable for very specific situations: Do you want to buy a tablet for your child? Buy the cheapest Amazon tablet or the 7 ″ Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. If we want to make a more professional use of our tablet, we would always have to opt for an iPad or a Galaxy Tab. Although an iPad is more expensive, you have to be sure that it will work perfectly for many, many years.
- We return to a recurring question: iOS or Android? Well, the answer goes by neighborhoods … Do you have a mobile with Android? Buy a tablet with Android … Do you have an iPhone? Buy an iPad … Why? Simply because many apps make them compatible with both devices, and thus we will save money when buying applications.
- Mid-range tablet or high-end tablet? In high-end tablets we can include the iPad Air, iPad 2 and Kindle Fire HDX of 8.9 ″, by price and performance. We would always go for an iPad in this range. As for the mid-range: The Galaxy Tab 3 and the Google Nexus 7 are two of the best options.
Conclusion: What Tablet Should I Buy In 2022?
Well, there is no single answer:
- On a budget: The best thing is to buy a Kindle Fire HD or a 7″ Galaxy Tab 3
- For Kids: A Kindle Fire HD
- For work: iPad Air or Galaxy Tab 3
- Upscale: iPad Air
- Mid-Range: Galaxy Tab 3 or Google Nexus 7
- By number of applications: iPad
- For reliability and fluidity of use: iPad with iOS
- For the number of years you are going to enjoy it: iPad