6 Best Wireless Mouse for Work in 2022
With the Logitech MX Master 3, you get the very best out there today. Innovative and designed for productivity, it includes many features optimized for the management of several devices in parallel.
Thinner while remaining original, it is more comfortable and better suited to different body types. The space dedicated to the thumb is reworked to offer more access to the different buttons, which corrects one of the main flaws of the previous version. On the other hand, its weight (141 g) is rather high compared to the competition (90 g for the best).
In mobility, this size can also pose a problem because of the lack of compactness. However, with an advertised autonomy of 2 months and a fast recharge (via USB-C) Of 1 minute for 3 hours of use, you do not risk running out of fuel.
The detection is provided by the Darkfield sensor. Usable on most surfaces (even glass), it benefits from good precision with its 4000 DPI resolution.
Control level, you are entitled to six configurable buttons via the dedicated application. For these, you can download predefined profiles (for the Office suite or Adobe, for example) or configure them entirely by yourself. The button on the thumb rest activates motion detection, allowing you to assign functionality to each direction (like multitouch on touchpads).
The dis-engageable Mag-Speed wheel uses a new system based on electromagnetism. This makes it significantly quieter than the previous version and more pleasant to use. Scrolling is 90% faster and 87% more precise. On the side, you will find the traditional dial, which gains in fluidity.
The Master 3 can, like the K780 keyboard , connect to 3 peripherals simultaneously (via USB receiver or Bluetooth).
As a bonus, you find the Flow function, to work on several devices in parallel, and the Smart-Shift which automatically switches the dial from one mode to another in the event of a slightly faster pulse.
More compact and lighter than the Master 2S, it corrects many faults which makes it a benchmark on the market, for those who have the budget. Thus making it one of the best budget wireless mouse even though it’s technically on the higher end.
In short, with the Logitech MX Master 3, you’ll get the very best out there today. It is compatible with Windows, Linux and MacOS.
This interesting model is offered at a reasonable price in view of its features. But it is above all because of its silent operation, its exceptional autonomy and great compatibility. Thus leading us to distinguish it from its competitors.
Small and light, it is comfortable and very pleasant for long periods of office use. So we can rightly call it the best ergonomic wireless mouse as well. It fits easily in your bag for all your travels.
Its long battery life is another important advantage, since it can, for standard use, keep the same battery (AA) for 24 months.
In terms of movement, detection is provided by an optical sensor. It is therefore better to bring a mouse pad so as not to be surprised on certain surfaces. Its 1000 dpi sensor is very correct in this price range.
Just like the MX Master 3, it also has Easy-Switch technology, useful for connecting to several computers at the same time and Flow for working on different devices simultaneously. This function makes it a very suitable choice for the best wireless mouse for work.
And guess what? It can be connected via a Unifying Dongle, which synchronizes it to the computer, or via Bluetooth, with a wireless range of up to 10 meters, which offers the possibility of keeping remote control. Additionally, it consists of configurable buttons and a multidirectional wheel with quite remarkable precision, allowing full control over the mouse.
Finally, that the Logitech M590 is compatible with Windows, Mac, Chrome OS or Linux, which makes it almost universal in terms of compatibility.
It truly is one of the best Logitech wireless mouse. However, it is only intended for right-handed people.
Its atypical format with its additional wheel and its refined ergonomics make it an excellent solution for office automation.
The various commands are also configurable, which allows you to adapt it completely to your needs. However, if you have small hands, the comfort may not be there because of the fairly large size of this mouse. We find it better as the best wireless mouse for large hands rather than smaller ones.
Intended for mostly for office use, this mouse has been designed for long periods of use. Its rounded back is designed to guarantee good support for the hand while still allowing use as a claw or fingertip. However, this size makes it uncomfortable for small players who will have trouble finding a suitable position.
The outlook is qualitative, as much on the top with a slightly grainy plastic (to fight against perspiration), as on the sides with a design and non-slip material.
On the left side are the dial, inaugurated with this model, and 3 buttons (one of which is hidden under the thumb rest). Many users report an unintuitive positioning of the navigation keys, but their use is a matter of habit.
In mobility, it is not the best of students. You are in front of a relatively massive mouse still weighing a certain weight (145 g). It therefore takes up a little space in your bag.
But this is the best rechargeable wireless mouse and you will have nothing to say about its autonomy because a minimum 4 min of charge is good for 1 day of use and 3 hours for a full charge which lasts about 40 days.
For accuracy, it uses the Darkfield sensor, still used on the last iteration. Precise and all-terrain, it adapts to each situation without any trouble. Its accuracy is however lower with a value of “only” 1600 DPI. Rest assured, it’s high enough for Photoshop work, for example.
As on the other models in this series, the dedicated software allows you to program all the buttons with personalized functions.
When it comes to the connectivity level, you are entitled to a USB dongle and Bluetooth, coupled with the Easy-Shift. These are compatible with Windows and MacOS. It is also compatible with other systems but the configuration possibilities are reduced.
In the end, even if it is older, the MX Master remains a benchmark for its price level.
Although it is less elaborate than the Logitech M590, it remains inexpensive while offering impressive range and is characterized by its quiet operation. It does not have as many features as the previous one but, for basic use, it is among the best wireless mouse for work.
The Logitech M330 comes in a classic, rounded shape. And although it looks a bit cheap, it is actually both strong and very light (91 g). The advantage of this format is its portability which, combined with an autonomy of 2 years (1 AA battery), makes it a good tool when on the go.
The main feature of this best wireless mouse is its Silent Plus technology, which offers (almost) total noise reduction and makes it silent, allowing you to work in any environment without disturbing anyone. The serrated wheel add to this advantage as well.
The mouse works with an optical sensor, reducing its use to certain surfaces. Thus, like the M590, it cannot be used on glass. However, it can be used on a multitude of other soft surfaces such as a bed or a sofa. Which is not that bad!
With its maximum sensitivity of 1000 dpi, it is suitable for work for several hours.
Its connection is via the USB-Unifying receiver (which allows the mouse to synchronize with the computer) with a wireless range covering a distance of 10 meters, but it does not offer the opportunity to connect via Bluetooth. Nevertheless, it adapts just as well to Windows as to Mac OS.
Finally, although it is less elaborate than the Logitech M590, it remains a good solution for those looking for a solution without breaking the bank.
Like the MX Master, it is equipped with a dis-engageable wheel but its smaller size makes it much easier to transport. However, the other side of the coin, the grip is less suitable for large riders who find it far too compact for a palm grip.
This last factor is very important, especially if you are going to spend your day using it.
This light mouse (106 g) with a correct design and easy to use features a symmetrical design. Thus, it can be used as much by left-handed as right-handed ones.
In addition, it has an autonomy of a few months at the rate of use of several hours per day. The battery recharges in no time, but it is possible to use it while it is charging which makes it one of the best wireless mouse for office work.
It is equipped with the same Darkfield sensor as the MX Master 3, the brand’s top-of-the-range. It therefore adapts to all surfaces, smooth or reflective, including glass while enjoying great precision.
However, it should be noted that it is not so suitable for gamers, but rather for professional office use because too fast movements escape the sensor.
One of the strengths of this mouse is the presence of a dis-engageable wheel which is usually intended for more expensive models. Even if Logitech has often experienced problems at this level, it seems that the brand has rectified the situation with this model. The seven buttons are configurable with easy-to-learn software.
In terms of functions, we still benefit from Flow and Easy-Switch which offer the possibility of working on several computers at the same time, for the benefit of productivity.
Its radio link via Unifying Nano-USB sensor is efficient, but it can also be connected via Bluetooth. Its wireless range is ten meters, and it is compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
In conclusion, this mouse is a great alternative to MX Masters while being more suitable for small hands.
The Logitech G903 is one of the best wireless mouse for work because it combines speed, precision and versatility. Along with that, the ergonomics and design are also part of its strengths.
It could therefore have been the best in its range but it is far too specialized compared to the MX Master 3. Indeed, in terms of office automation, the G903, although fully configurable, is less practical than its counterpart in the series. MX.
Its angular design and its RGB system do not make it a model of discretion. In terms of ergonomics, this ambidextrous model with reduced dimensions and low weight (110 g) offers a pleasant grip, both in the palm and in the claw. The sides can be completely personalized thanks to the various removable elements, which allows, as a bonus, to make a real mouse for left-handers.
Originally designed for wireless use, this product can also be used in wired mode, when charging. Its maximum battery life is 180 hours but for average use its resistance is around 140 hours with a reliable connection. To optimize this mode, you will need to purchase a fairly expensive and unattractive Powerplay mat on the go.
As you will have understood, the gaming orientation is not beneficial to mobility but, despite this, the G903 is doing quite well with a good optimization of its format.
It is in performance that the G903 takes the lead. Fast and precise, its HERO sensor offers five programmable sensitivity levels, for the benefit of a certain versatility. Its maximum resolution is 16,000 dpi. Combined with Lightspeed technology and its near-zero latency (1 m/s), this high value makes it possible to deal with any situation in the game.
Equipment level, the dis-engageable wheel is combined with a maximum of 11 buttons. Everything is configurable via the Logitech G Hub software. Thanks to it, you have the possibility of adapting the use profile according to the situation in which you are, whether it is for games or office automation.
In summary, the Logitech G903 is an ergonomic and versatile wireless mouse that is primarily suitable for gamers while leaving them the possibility of office use.
The Best Wireless Mouse: Our Top Picks
|Best high-end||best cheap||best mid-range||best cheap Option||Mid-range Option||High-end Option|
|Logitech MX Master 3||Logitech M590||Logitech MX Master||Logitech M330 Silent Plus||Logitech MX Anywhere 2S||Logitech G903|
|At the cutting edge of technology, it is the best model available from us, both in terms of comfort and pleasure. This mouse also has a long battery life and an extremely efficient charge.||This silent mouse with optical sensor offers good value for money. It has many technological functions worthy of the superior range and its autonomy is almost unbeatable on the market.||The first version of this product competes with models from the lower ranges thanks to the lower price. Ergonomic, qualitative and precise, it has nothing to be ashamed of in front of its more recent competitors.||Responsive and compact, this mouse is mainly intended for small hands. It can pride itself on being extremely quiet thanks to the optimizations brought by the brand, which makes it usable in any environment.||Logitech offers a good, qualitative and compact mid-range mouse. It slips easily into your bag to accompany you on all your travels while being usable for long hours thanks to its refined ergonomics.||Adaptable, precise and extremely lively, the G903 is the ideal wireless mouse for gamers, whether right-handed or left-handed. It is perfect for getting you to the top of the leaderboard.|
- Razer Atheris Stormtrooper Edition: working with a double AA battery (350 hours advertised), this ambidextrous mouse has a very original look. Being lightweight (95 g), it has a robust construction and offers a good user experience. But n the other hand, it is quite small, which corresponds less to large hands.
- Logitech G305: mid-range solution for gamers, it takes advantage of Lightspeed technology to cancel any latency. Compact, durable and high-quality, it is the perfect ally for your games. With Logitech G Hub software, you can also configure up to 5 profiles for your favorite games. She is not in our rankings because of her lack of versatility, but players on a tighter budget are delighted.
- Anker Ergonomic Vertical: This model is the best ergonomic mouse you can find at this price. Exclusively for right-handed people, this Anker runs on AAA batteries. Its economical system putting it to sleep after 8 minutes of inactivity is effective but requires you to click to reactivate it. Of course, the material quality is below other ergonomic models, but at this price, there is nothing to complain about. On the other hand, the thumb buttons do not work with Macs.
- Logitech MX Vertical: the Vertical is designed to be ergonomic. Thus, it allows a better position of the wrist (angle of 57 °), reduces muscle tension by 10% and allows better economy of movements thanks to its high sensitivity. It offers as a bonus a good autonomy of about 4 months and access to Logitech Flow and Easy-Switch. We left it out of our selection because of the reduced number of features.
Finding the best wireless gaming mouse isn’t that hard of a job but there are always certain things that a buyer should look out for before making a purchase. This will make the picking process easier and more efficient.
So what do you look for in the best wireless mouse? For that, we looked at a certain criteria:
- Shape and ergonomics : the best wireless mouse for gaming must be compatible with the shape of your hand in order to ensure a good grip and excellent comfort. A right model may depend on your hand size and the preferred hand you are using (left or right handed). Most mice are designed for right-handed people, but there are models for left-handed or ambidextrous. Weight is also a factor because a heavier model will tire your wrist faster.
- Mobility : the advantage of wireless is to be able to use your mouse away from the office. It is therefore important that its size is adapted: aim for lightness and compactness. Autonomy should not be overlooked either. At the same time, the sensor must be as versatile as possible: optics are affordable but have more difficulty with reflective surfaces where lasers are versatile.
- Precision : Your use determines the degree of precision needed: the higher the value, the greater the precision. Expressed in DPI (Dots Per Inch, or dots per inch in French), it allows you to adjust the sensitivity to displacement. For example, gamers are turning to mice with higher values. Moreover, if you are looking for a mouse specifically designed for gaming, do not hesitate to consult our dedicated comparison.
- Controls and functions : some products offer a more or less extensive range of controls and functions. Linger over it to choose the options you need. For example, Logitech offers use on several devices in parallel via the Easy-Switch, some products have configurable profiles and still others are equipped with a whole panel of buttons that prevent you from having to depend on your keyboard all the time. . Again, how you use your mouse is important.
- Connectivity : like wireless keyboards, some mice work via a USB adapter, which is faster and more reliable, others favor Bluetooth. Whatever happens, take maximum range and latency into account to ensure you get the best possible experience. Higher-end models usually add wired use so you don’t get stuck with low battery.
- Compatibility : check the compatibility of the mouse with your computer model. Usually Windows and MacOS are planned but for others like ChromeOS or Linux it can be difficult to find the perfect device.
NB: For optimal use of your mouse, do not forget to equip yourself with a mouse pad. The latter offers more precision and reduces the risk of fouling your device.
- CNET, Best wireless mouse for 2020, 17 June 2020
- Expert Reviews, Best wireless mouse: Toss away the cables and take control with the best wireless mice from, 17 June 2020
- PC Gamer, Best wireless gaming mouse, 17 June 2020
- PCMag, The Best Wireless Mice for 2020, 17 June 2020
- RTINGS, The 6 Best Wireless Mice – Winter 2020: Reviews, 17 June 2020
- TechRadar, Best mouse 2020: the best mice for work and play, 17 June 2020
- Tom’s Guide, The best mouse in 2020, 17 June 2020
- Wirecutter, The Best Wireless Mouse for 2020, 17 June 2020
The conclusion on the best wireless mouse for work in 2022 is that there is no clear winner. All of the mice reviewed have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it really depends on what you are looking for in a mouse. If you need a mouse with a lot of features, then the Logitech MX Master 3
is a great option. If you want a more traditional mouse, then the Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse is a good choice. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and what works best for you.