Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Wireless Keyboard 2022
This keyboard combines efficient backlighting and even greater comfort. In terms of ergonomics, we are in front of a keyboard close to wired models in terms of size. This therefore means that if you opt for this product, you will benefit from a comfort worthy of fixed models with sufficiently large and spaced keys and many shortcuts such as direct keys for multimedia. In addition, you can assign specific commands to certain keys via the dedicated software.
This Microsoft keyboard is currently one of the most qualitative solutions at this price. Flexible and pleasant to use, it is easily integrated into your setup thanks to its discreet style and reduced size. Its touchpad even saves you from having to use your remote control to navigate the different menus. To facilitate the use of your indoor system, this peripheral is equipped, in addition to its standard keyboard, a touchpad and numerous shortcuts. This is pleasant to use and takes multitouch commands into account. It benefits from a high autonomy of about 18 months and remains resolutely compact.
The only truly gaming product in our selection, the K63 (also available in a wired version) is one of the best wireless keyboard for gaming. Overall, it is a compendium of what is needed for a good wireless keyboard of this type. Its strengths are the mechanical switches, its exceptional reactivity and its ease of use. The keys, first of all, are equipped with the recognized Cherry MX Red. They offer a good compromise between fluidity and speed of activation but leave little room for typos, even in game. Typing is flexible and pleasant, in particular thanks to the neat layout and the effective removable palm rest.
Best Wireless Keyboard: Our Top Picks
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range
|Best high end
|Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard
|This model is designed for office automation. It relies on a larger format to offer first-class comfort, coupled with a backlight that is quite useful for dark environments.
|This model is the only one of our selection to offer a touchpad. Qualitative, practical and efficient, it benefits from a discreet design, good assembly quality and complete and intuitive controls.
|This model is the only one in our review to be gamer-oriented. Few of the keyboards in this niche are wireless. It offers high comfort and flawless responsiveness.
Best Wireless Keyboard:
Logitech Ergo K860: An ergonomic solution. This wireless keyboard is primarily intended for intensive typing. Indeed, its particular shape is thought to minimize the fatigue of your wrists and therefore allow you to type for long hours in complete comfort. We particularly like its 3-layer padded, lift-up wrist rest (one of which is shape memory). On the other hand, it seems that there are sometimes problems when pairing the device which, combined with its specific use, led us not to include it in our main selection.
How to choose your best wireless keyboard?
When searching for the perfect wireless keyboard, we realized that the main difficulty was the large number of existing products, especially in the lower ranges.
On top of that, depending on what use you choose, consider sacrificing either functionality. Thus, there are generally three types of wireless keyboards:
- office automation keyboards: For this type, the main thing is comfort of typing and use, as buyers anticipate long periods of work, whether at a table, their desk or on the move.
- gaming keyboards: here, transportability gives way to additional functions and responsiveness. The purpose of these products is not to use them on the move but to be able to transport them from point A to point B quite easily. If these keyboards interest you, know that we have an article specifically dedicated to them.
- multimedia keyboards : if you have a smart system in your living room, it can be useful to have a keyboard to interact with your digital medium. Containing a touchpad and built-in shortcuts, they are optimized for entertainment, although they can still be used for light office automation.
For your research, we invite you to take into account the following criteria:
- ergonomics: just like on a standard keyboard, ease of use is important. Thus, it is necessary that the keys are adapted to the intended use and that they minimize the risk of typing error, with a controlled sensitivity and an optimized layout.
- transportability : a cordless product must generally bet on a compact format able to easily fit into a bag while being able to be used comfortably on the move, in particular thanks to an enduring battery. Note that the backlight, which is very interesting for dark environments, can strongly influence this autonomy.
- compatibility : it should be as extensive as possible so that you do not have to change the keyboard each time you want a different support. Generally, the target systems should be: Android, Windows, iOS and MacOS. More and more recent models are extending their compatibility to Chrome OS and various Smart TV systems.
- Digital Trends, The Best Wireless Keyboards for 2021, August 19, 2021
- Expertreviews, Best keyboard 2021 : The best USB and wireless keyboards from £14, August 19, 2021
- PCMag, The Best Wireless Keyboards for 2021, August 19, 2021
- RTINGS, The 7 Best Wireless Keyboards – Summer 2021 Reviews, August 19, 2021
- Techradar, The best keyboards of 2021: top 10 keyboards compared, August 19, 2021
- Wirecutter, The Best Bluetooth and Wireless Keyboards, August 19, 2021