Looking for a Wi-Fi USB dongle to enjoy wireless internet on your home or office PC? Here below are the best USB Wi-Fi adapters for PC that you can buy from Amazon in 2022.
Our Picks For The Best USB Wi-Fi Adapter For PC
It is not the most powerful Wi-Fi dongle, but it is nevertheless suitable for the majority of uses. She owns the dual band, which allows your devices to connect on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequencies. There is also a WPS function accessible via a small button on the key. The major advantage of this model lies in its shape: measuring just 3.6 x 1.8 x 0.8 cm, this wrench is by far the smallest in our comparison, as well as the most transportable.
The strength of the TP-Link Archer T9UH lies in its particularly high theoretical speeds: 600 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps in 5 GHz. Speeds largely sufficient for the majority of people since the average speed of a connection is 30.4 Mbps. But the other features are not to be outdone: like the Netgear above, it is equipped with the dual band as well as a WPS function. Her
Even if it can fold in on itself, this key is not the most nomadic in our comparison. Its design is however its greatest advantage: the Asus USB-AC68 differs from other keys by its modern and elegant design. Black and red are typical of the brand and its gamer-oriented range. And, in fact, its theoretical speeds are excellent: 600 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps in 5 GHz. This is more than enough for the target audience. She too has the dual band.
How To Pick The Best USB Wi-Fi Adapter For PC?
A Wi-Fi dongle to install in a USB port: this is a very easy way to provide a Wi-Fi connection to a computer. With this device, there is no need to have advanced computer skills or to open the tower of your PC to easily connect it to the Internet.
To help you make a decision, we take stock of the various aspects to take into account before purchasing:
- Wi-Fi Standards: All the Wi-Fi keys in our comparison are compatible with the most common standards in the field (802.11a / b / g / n / ac). They also have dual band : These keys emit on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band and a 5 GHz second, the major difference being in speed. Wi-Fi 6 (also known as Wi-Fi AX) has recently appeared but is not yet widespread among keys of this type.
- WPS: The majority of the keys in our comparison have WPS, which allows you to connect the computer to a Wi-Fi network at the touch of a dedicated button. They are also equipped with an LED which indicates the status and sometimes the quality of the connection.
- Design: This is an important point, so that some high-end keys make it the number one feature. If their look can be elegant, we must not neglect their size, which can sometimes obstruct secondary USB ports, rendering them unusable. Carefully observe the dimensions of the Wi-Fi keys in relation to your computer.
- Speed: This is a characteristic which may seem essential, but which in fact is incidental. Indeed, the theoretical capacities of the Wi-Fi keys greatly exceed the average speed of an Internet connection in France. Therefore, for normal use, entry-level Wi-Fi keys offer sufficient performance.
- Integrated Features: With the development of wireless technologies, new features have appeared to improve the quality of your connection. There are two main ones: beamforming and MU-MIMO. The first is used to focus the signal on the device concerned while the second allows simultaneous communication of the different devices and therefore, better management of connections.
- Installation: Almost all the Wi-Fi keys in our comparison have a disk containing the drivers for these devices. They thus allow them to be installed without an internet connection. Keep in mind of course that in this configuration, you need a disk drive to read it.