Table of Contents
Best USB-C Cable for 2022
Finding the best USB-C cables for charging devices can be a little tricky. Most cables out there do seem to be really good but in reality they either don’t last long or go faulty with the connection after some time.
This two-meter cable can charge a device and transfer data at a speed of 5 Gbps when you connect it to USB 3.0 ports. Its advantage lies in its construction: it is made of nylon which makes it robust against bending. However, it does not have anti-corrosion connectors. Note that this model is guaranteed for life by the manufacturer. The Rampow USB-C cable is therefore robust and fast at the same time. It is excellent value for money for people looking for a model without accessory features.
This 1m USB-C cable can transfer files and charge multiple devices. Its strong point, however, lies in the fact that it is bent (bent). This is to prevent the connector from bending over time, as normal cables might due to the weight of the wire. This shape also allows you to insert it more quickly into your device since this “crease” tells you which way your cable is oriented. It has shields that give it better protection against interference, and also make it more flexible.
This 90 cm model is intended to be more than a simple micro USB cable: it has a series of tips that allow you to connect USB-C and Lightning devices.
This is a huge advantage, especially when you are on the move since it reduces the number of cables to carry.
However, this cable does not have a shield or gold connector, but the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
This model is therefore intended for people who are regularly on the move. If it is not more robust than the average, its lifetime warranty allows it to be replaced in the event of a defect.
OUR TOP PICKS:
|Our choice, Best Cheap USB-c cable||Best budget usb-c cabLe (midrange)||Best high end usb-c cable|
|Rampow USB-C||UGREEN 90 Degree Angled USB C Cable||Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 cable|
|This model is intended to be very simple and affordable. It does not have any type of protection on its wire, but has a high transfer speed. It is intended for those who want a classic cable.||This model is the only one in our comparison to have an elbow (bent) connector. This feature increases its lifespan and facilitates its handling. Its performance remains correct.||This model allows you to connect different tips to charge devices in micro USB, but also in USB-C and Lightning. It targets those who have a lot of peripherals.|
At present, no product available on the European market seemed to us to have the qualities necessary to appear alongside our main selection. We will be sure to offer you interesting alternatives as soon as we know about them.
How to choose your USB-C cable?
USB-C cables correspond to a standard that appeared in the summer of 2014 and succeed micro-USB cables. They can withstand no less than 10,000 connection and disconnection cycles.
Here we are targeting USB-C cables that can be connected to a USB socket. We have also chosen cables between 90 cm and 1 m, but be aware that the majority of models are offered in several sizes.
To help you make the right choice and find a USB-C cable that meets your needs, it is necessary to conduct research on essential criteria:
- Transfer capacity : some USB cables, often white in color, only allow devices to be recharged. We made sure to choose only models capable of both charging and transferring data by connecting them to a computer.
- Shielding : this is an important criterion depending on where you want to install your cables. Shielding is recommended if your cable is entangled with others, or if they are subject to strong electromagnetic interference. Under normal use, it is not necessary.
- The form : some micro-USB cables have “extensions” that allow you to change the tips and thus charge a multitude of peripherals. Generally more expensive, they are however very practical, especially when you are on the move. Others are angled (bent). Their advantage is that they are more durable, since the connectors do not bend under the weight of the wire. However, check that they can fit properly into your devices.
- NYTimes, USB-C Adapters, Cables, and Hubs, 18 novembre 2020
- Techgearlab, Best USB-C Cable of 2020, 18 novembre 2020
- Techlounge, 9 Best USB-C Cables in 2020, 18 novembre 2020
As the world increasingly moves towards USB-C, it’s important to have a good cable on hand. Here are our picks for the best USB-C cables for 2022.
The best USB-C cable for most people is the Anker Powerline+ III. It’s affordable, durable, and fast, making it a great choice for everyday use. For those who need a longer cable or want extra features like data transfer and charging support, the Belkin 3-in-1 Cable is a great option. And for gamers or anyone else who needs super-fast data transfer speeds, the Razer Thunderbolt 4 Cable is the way to go.