5 Best Laptops For Students in 2022
Our Pick, Best Mid-Range
Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W-50T5)
This Chromebook is the most rugged laptop in this selection. It can therefore withstand all the hassles of everyday life while having a high power reserve, making it capable of performing all your tasks.
The Spin 713 is an ideal model for anyone looking for a versatile and efficient laptop. Between its interesting ergonomics, its extensive connectivity and its performance, it has everything to please. It is equipped with a 10th generation Intel Core i5 and 8 GB of RAM. It adds, as the icing on the cake, the MIL-STD-810G certification guaranteeing it resistance to falls up to 1.22 m and splashing.
Acer Chromebook Spin 513 (CP513-1H-S64V)
Little brother of the 713, it is based on the same principle as its big brother with a premium chassis and sufficient power for standard uses.
The Chromebook Spin 513 is designed for people looking for a convertible laptop suitable for standard uses. Admittedly, it does not develop the power of its big brother but has enough reserve for the majority of the tasks. The Snapdragon processor on the other hand allows a good level of autonomy, which can be further increased with suitable parameters (10 to 14 hours). Ergonomics is the only point on which we can criticize because of its keyboard a little too soft. Another important detail: its touch screen accepts USI styluses.
Apple MacBook Air (2020)
With this latest version, Apple has chosen to innovate by revising its entry-level laptop and equipping it with a new in-house chip, capable of offering unparalleled computing power at this price.
By choosing to base its new processor on the A14 Bionic chip of the latest iPhones, Apple has achieved a good deal, allowing it to catapult its laptops to the top of the rankings in terms of performance and energy efficiency. The result is an efficient and enduring solution, wrapped in a neat case and underlined by a screen of excellent craftsmanship.
Acer Aspire 5 (A515-55-58R8)
The Aspire 5 is the most popular laptop model on the market thanks to its large number of different configurations, which makes it easy to adapt to as many people as possible.
If you prefer Microsoft’s OS, Acer’s Aspire line is the perfect solution. It is designed for Mr. and Mrs. everyone thanks to a great variety of configurations available. So, depending on your budget, you may have more computing power and even a small graphics card. The model we have chosen seems to us to be the best compromise thanks to sufficient computing power for a correct price. Of course, mobility and ergonomics are of a good level in order to guarantee an interesting quality / price ratio.
Dell XPS 13
Reference of this range on the Windows side, this laptop is reputed to be the most interesting on this OS. The brand has equipped it with everything one would expect from a computer of this price.
When it comes to high-quality Windows computers, Dell’s XPS range is regularly on everyone’s lips. The XPS 13 has been a benchmark in its price range for several years thanks to its many advantages. It ticks all the boxes of the ideal laptop PC thanks to its qualitative materials, its neat screen and its generous power. It adds an autonomy of ten hours, ideal for a day of use. A hybrid version is also available for touch enthusiasts. Unfortunately, he bowed to the full power of the new Apple processor.
Best Laptop for Students:
OUR TOP PICKS
|Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||Mid-range alternative||High-end alternative|
|Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W-50T5)||Acer Chromebook Spin 513 (CP513-1H-S64V)||Apple MacBook Air (2020)||Acer Aspire 5 (A515-55-58R8)||Dell XPS 13|
|This Chromebook is the most rugged laptop in this selection. It can therefore withstand all the hassles of everyday life while having a high power reserve, making it capable of performing all your tasks.||Little brother of the 713, it is based on the same principle as its big brother with a premium chassis and sufficient power for standard uses.||With this latest version, Apple has chosen to innovate by revising its entry-level laptop and equipping it with a new in-house chip, capable of offering unparalleled computing power at this price.||The Aspire 5 is the most popular laptop model on the market thanks to its large number of different configurations, which makes it easy to adapt to as many people as possible.||Reference of this range on the Windows side, this laptop is reputed to be the most interesting on this OS. The brand has equipped it with everything one would expect from a computer of this price.|
HP Chromebook x360 14c (14c-ca0000sf/14c-ca0005nf): A versatile premium chromebook. With its premium chassis and sleek ergonomics, the x360 14c is a good example of a high-quality chromebook. It also includes a 10th generation Intel Core i3 processor to handle all of your tasks, for the benefit of its overall versatility. It is unfortunately a little heavier than its competitors (+ 300 g) and is placed between two price ranges of our selection.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14: An ultraportable gaming PC. It combines the portability of an ultraportable and the performance of a gaming laptop into a relatively versatile solution, whether for gaming or other activities. It does not sacrifice power for all that and manages to offer a decent autonomy in normal use (5 to 6 hours) or even rather interesting with all the active optimizations (up to 11 hours).
How to choose the best student laptop on Amazon?
Finding the perfect companion for your studies can turn out to be a real headache as the possibilities exist: should you opt for a touch pad with a wireless keyboard or for a laptop? The two possibilities each have their advantages and disadvantages.
In the case of computers, the recipe is simple: you have to find the best combination between the following criteria.
First of all, we must focus on the operating system:
- Windows : they are undoubtedly the best known in the student community, because they are less expensive than a Mac and, being, suddenly, much more widespread, they pose less problems of compatibility. However, their battery is generally less, and they quickly run into problems with slowness if you open several pages or programs simultaneously. Finally, they are more susceptible to viruses and long-term heating.
- Mac Os : impeccably designed, thin and light, they are generally known to be more practical, more intuitive and easier to use than Windows PCs, while having very good battery life. But their high cost very often puts them out of the reach of a student.
- Chrome OS: still little known in Europe, Chromebooks have met with tremendous success in the United States, where they have even surpassed Mac sales. Running on the Chrome OS operating system, free and open-source, they are inexpensive in view of their general quality, fast, efficient in multitasking, and have excellent battery life. As these are specific tools, we invite you to consult our dedicated guide to know more.
Then, once you have made your choice, you must ensure a good balance between the following criteria:
- Mobility : a day of lessons can be hectic and it is not uncommon for people to have to move from one room to another, without necessarily having an outlet nearby. In this case, it is essential to have a practical computer to slip into your bag and whose autonomy can last the whole day. In this sense, we advise you to favor models with a small screen (maximum 15 inch) and whose autonomy exceeds 8 hours.
- Ergonomics : to be able to take notes easily without risking a fateful cramp that would cause you to miss essential information, it is important that the ergonomics of your computer be studied as much as possible. Particular attention must therefore be paid to comfort, both in terms of the keyboard and the touchpad. It is important that they are spacious and responsive enough to make their use pleasant and not to tire you unnecessarily.
- The power : Of course, it is rare that very greedy programs are used in progress but it is necessary to ensure the fluidity of the computer so that you can react instantly when the need arises. In addition, extended power allows you to open a large number of programs in parallel and navigate between them without a hitch. The graphic design students and the amateurs de gaming also need graphics power to use more demanding software. If these last elements are essential for you, consult our articles dedicated to graphic designers and gamers.
- Screen : a quality display allows you not to strain your eyesight during long periods of use, such as when writing a report. In this sense, it is essential to aim for high brightness and low reflectance so that you can also enjoy the sun this summer. Another important element is the size of the panel: the more you choose a large panel, the more the visual comfort increases but the less your computer is practical to transport.
- Select, The Best Chromebook
- Select, The Best 13-14 Inch Laptop of 2021
- Select, The best 15-inch laptop of 2021
- Select, The Best Cheap Laptops of 2021
The final verdict on the best laptops for students in 2022 is that any of the five laptops reviewed would be a great choice for students. All five laptops offer great value, with a variety of features to suit different needs.
The Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W-50T5) is a great all-rounder, with a powerful processor and plenty of storage space, while the Acer Chromebook Spin 513 (CP513-1H-S64V) is perfect for those who need a lightweight and portable laptop. The Apple MacBook Air (2020) is a great option for students who need a high-powered machine for demanding tasks, while the Acer Aspire 5 (A515-55-58R8) is ideal for those who need a flexible and versatile laptop. Finally, the Dell XPS 13 is a great choice for students who want an affordable laptop with plenty of features.