The Best Laptop for Seniors in 2022
The MateBook D16 is a review of the Honor MagicBook Pro. It therefore uses the chassis of the original model, coupled with its excellent screen. The latter offers faithful colors while preserving reflections, for the benefit of outdoor use. Huawei took the opportunity to review the keyboard and replace it with a much more qualitative one. However, the position of the webcam, located between the F6 and F7 keys, is not the most suitable which remains a defect if you rely on video calls. Autonomy (about 8 hours) and performance are average which favors its quality / price ratio.
The Dell Inspiron 15 3000 is the highest-quality solution we’ve found in entry-level Windows models. Admittedly, it is neither the most powerful, nor the most efficient, but it has the merit of offering sufficient performance for people looking for a basic model for simple use. It is therefore very suitable for seniors wishing to do office automation or enjoy multimedia content. Other more expensive versions are, of course, available. The only real black point in this table remains the resolution of the panel, limited to HD.
The Dell XPS 15 is the brand’s answer to MacBook Pro d’Apple. It offers one of the best compromises currently with high power, studied ergonomics and qualitative materials. It also offers an optimized template to easily take it wherever you want. It is also possible to opt for one of the other available configurations in order to fully adapt it to your needs. The version we have chosen remains versatile enough for most uses, but photo or video editing enthusiasts can choose to add a dedicated graphics card for more graphics power.
The Acer Aspire 3 has been recognized for some time as one of the interesting solutions in the lower price ranges. This version is the most reasonable model in 17 inches. With its reasonable configuration, it is certainly not the most powerful but it still has enough resources to perform the majority of tasks. However, it lacks graphics power. It is also available in 14 Where in 15.6 inches if this diagonal seems too large to you.
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||Mid-range alternative|
|Huawei Matebook D16||Dell Inspiron 15 3000 (3502) (CN30203SC)||Dell XPS 15||Acer Aspire 3 (A317-52-39NP)|
|This laptop is Huawei’s solution for those looking for a larger screen in a smaller form factor. It offers a nice balance making it suitable for most of your tasks.||This proposal is the most basic of Windows computers. Therefore, one should not expect miracles. However, it remains suitable for simple uses such as office automation or multimedia.||This model is Dell’s answer to the higher ranges. It takes everything you can expect from a computer of this price while offering many options through the different configurations available.||If you need a 17 inch laptop, then this model is the perfect solution. It offers many possibilities while remaining generally affordable.|
Ordissimo Agathe 3 (€ 429.84 at the time of publication): Entirely designed for seniors… but it lacks compatibility. Ordissimo is one of the few brands to offer an optimized system for seniors. The keyboard has been specially adapted for novice users, replacing the symbols with the corresponding words. The operating system is also specific and offers only the essentials, in an optimized interface. Unfortunately, this specific system does not have the compatibility of other systems and the quality / price ratio of the available models is not very attractive.
How to choose your Senior Laptop PC?
Finding a laptop for this age group is quite complicated, in that it is essential to find the best compromise between simplicity and efficiency, and if possible on a tight budget.
In order to define which models are the most suitable, you can base yourself on the following criteria:
- Ease of use : this item is influenced by the operating system. For the desired device, it is essential to choose a solution that has few submenus and simplified parameters. Plus, the ability to opt for larger icons is great for older people. In their case, Chrome OS seems the ideal proposition, even if some, more accustomed to the Microsoft system, will favor Windows.
- Ergonomics : For your convenience, large keys and proper controls are important, especially for people with joint problems. The size of the screen and the quality of the touchpad also influence your user experience. To facilitate access to the various functions, a touch screen is a significant advantage.
- Mobility : the advantage of a laptop, compared to a fixed solution, is mobility. In this case, it is essential to choose a device that is compact, light and robust. It is not immune to a bad fall and such a format allows it to be held more firmly when traveling. Autonomy and screen quality also define whether you will be able to use it outdoors.
- Select, The Best Cheap Laptops 2020: Comparison, October 15, 2021
- Select, Best Value for Money 2020 Laptop: Comparison, October 15, 2021
- Select, The Best Chromebook 2020: Comparison, October 15, 2021
As our laptops get more and more powerful, it’s easy to forget that not everyone needs the same level of performance. In fact, for many seniors, a basic laptop is all they need to stay connected with family and friends, surf the web, and manage their finances. Here are the best laptops for seniors in 2022:
- Huawei Matebook D16
- Dell Inspiron 15 3000 (3502) (CN30203SC)
- Dell XPS 15
- Acer Aspire 3 (A317-52-39NP)