Table of Contents
3 Best Laptop for Kids in 2022
This model relies on robustness and portability rather than pure performance. In this sense, it benefits from military grade resistance while remaining compact enough to be carried easily in your bag. Its stylus is a real added value, which allows you to review the way your child will understand his computer.
With the Spin 311, Acer has succeeded in offering a very practical model, in particular thanks to its convertible touch screen. While it will be particularly suitable for children, it is also ideal for students, with its studied mobility. This results in high autonomy and a compact size. However, it should be taken into account that its power, although sufficient, may not be suitable for the heaviest tasks.
Taking up the excellent recipe of the For Work range, the 512 has a reinforced chassis certified for its robustness coupled with a high-performance processor to pose as the essential compromise. As a bonus, it is equipped with an EMR stylus signed Wacom to facilitate its handling. All of these elements combined make this the most complete machine in our selection. However, its limited availability prompted us to place it as an alternative.
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Mid-range alternative|
|Asus Chromebook Flip C214||Acer Spin 311 (CP311-3H-K988)||Acer Chromebook Spin 512 for Work (R851TN-P6KA)|
|Combining high robustness, decent performance and an interesting format, this chromebook is ideal for a busy school day. It is equipped as a bonus with an EMR stylus, unusual at this price.||Offered at an affordable price, this convertible Chromebook combines a compact size with great performance. These, combined with a quality touch screen, clearly set it apart from its competitors.||Like its little brother, this chromebook sets aside the competition by posing as a compromise between power and robustness. Its neat finishes therefore hide a very good machine capable of easily enduring a school day.|
At the moment, no product available on the European market seemed to us to have the qualities necessary to appear alongside our main selection. We will be sure to offer you interesting alternatives as soon as we know about them.
The market for children’s laptops is already widespread abroad but is only just starting to develop in our regions. The main difficulty for this type of product is therefore to find internationally renowned models available from us.
To determine which models are the most interesting, we invite you to look at the following criteria:
- Robustness : children’s lives are quite hectic. Their computer must therefore be able to cope with the different stages of the day, no matter what it is faced with. We therefore favor solidity over design so that it can withstand various common situations. Tossed in the bag, pushed out of the office or even washed down with a glass of water, it should be able to continue to function.
- Utilisation facility : special attention is paid to the choice of operating system and the ergonomics of the terminal to ensure that it is easily usable by everyone. A child, with his small hands, will not need a computer of the same size as an adult. The models offered will therefore not be optimized so that you, the parents, benefit from optimal comfort but so that your child is in the best conditions of use.
- Mobility : to be able to move it easily, it is essential to choose a compact and light product. Battery life is another important factor that will come in handy if you want to take your child’s computer on a trip, to keep them waiting while watching a movie, for example. In this sense, we advise you most often to orient yourself towards the Chromebooks generally more optimized than their Windows counterparts. This system is less resource intensive and often allows around ten hours of use.
- Lifewire, The 7 Best Laptops for Kids in 2020, October 12, 2021
- pc mag, The Best Laptops for Kids in 2020, October 12, 2021
- Techradar, Best laptops for kids in 2020, October 12, 2021
- Wirecutter, The Best Laptop Under $500 for 2020, October 12, 2021
As children increasingly use technology for school and entertainment, many parents wonder what the best laptops for kids are. Some factors to consider when purchasing a laptop for a child include price, durability, age appropriateness, and ease of use. The following are three of the best laptops for kids available in 2022.
The first laptop on our list is the Chromebook 11 from Acer. This device is durable, lightweight, and has a long battery life- perfect for kids on the go. It also comes with a kid-friendly case and keyboard cover.