Table of Contents
Best Inverter for Uninterrupted Gaming in 2022
That’s where the best inverter for gaming comes in handy.
But which inverter is best for gaming? How do you pick out the best inverter for gamers that won’t just offer a great backup life but also supports more power? Well, we’ve done the work for you.
This model is the simplest of our comparison, and yet it can be suitable for the vast majority of uses. It can withstand 350 watts of power. It thus consists of six outlets protected against surges, three of which can be based on the back-up battery. One of the strengths of the Eaton 3S 550 is that it operates without a fan, therefore it is the quietest of our selection. Battery life is around 8 minutes.
This inverter supporting 700 watts is the most powerful of our selection. It can thus accommodate the most demanding PC configurations and peripherals. It is equipped with four surge protected outlets. These outlets can also use the backup battery. Battery life is around 11 minutes if your devices consume 350 watts. At full power, the runtime only lasts two minutes, which should give you time to put the power back on, however. Finally, the power cord measures 1.2 m.
This inverter supports a power of 500 watts which is suitable in many relatively uses. It offers six outlets protected against surge and which can rely on the backup battery. One of its advantages lies in its LCD screen which displays a series of information such as the charge of the battery or that of the peripherals that you connect to the inverter. Its internet connection is also its other strong point: the inverter can thus be controlled remotely by PC or smartphone. It is also possible to configure alerts.
|Our choice, Best inexpensive||Best midrange||Best high end|
|Eaton 3S 550||APC Back-UPS BX1400U||APC Smart-UPS SMT-SmartConnect – SMT750IC|
|This model stands out in our selection by its low power, its silence, its compactness and its simplicity. It represents an excellent entry into the world of inverters.||This model is the one that supports the most power in our comparison, but offers the fewest grips. It is therefore intended for people with energy-intensive equipment.||This model has the most outlets relying on a backup battery. It is also the only one in our comparison to be accessible remotely. It is therefore aimed at a very specific use.|
At present, no product available on the European market seemed to us to have the qualities necessary to appear alongside our main selection. We will be sure to offer you interesting alternatives as soon as we know about them.
How to choose your inverter?
If your household is powered by a capricious electric current, which is sometimes the case in rural areas, an inverter may be a wise purchase.
Concretely, the inverter has a battery of approximately 12 v in direct current and an electronic part which will transform it into alternating current of 230 v. When there is a power cut in your home, the inverter battery takes over to continue operating your devices.
This gives you time, for example, to close your PC’s files and applications properly so that you don’t waste precious hours of work if you don’t back up regularly.
Be careful never to connect household appliances such as fridges or freezers to an inverter. Their components are indeed sensitive to clipping provided by consumer inverters.
Knowing that, here’s a quick rundown of the main criteria you should pay attention to when purchasing any of these devices:
- The power : expressed in watts, it is essential in choosing your inverter. If you plan to connect a very energy-consuming PC and professional printers, it is better to turn to a model around 500 watts. A standard PC and printer, however, consume around 200 watts.
- The plugs : Depending on the amount of peripherals you plan to plug in, some UPS models are more suitable for your use than others. A distinction must also be made between outlets which are simply protected against overvoltage and those which can rely on the backup battery. Thus, during a power cut, some inverters do not supply all of their outlets.
- Autonomy : this is another important criterion since it determines the time you have either to turn on the power again at home when there is an outage in your home, or to turn off your PC and save your work if your house is not involved in the cut.
- The controls of the box Seeing the energy load on the UPS and battery life at a glance on an LCD screen can be a major benefit if you are going to regularly change devices on your device.
- The software : it allows via a USB cable to communicate with your PC and set up a secure shutdown of the system, or to measure the energy consumption of your device. It is also useful if your inverter does not have an LCD display.
- Lifewire, The 9 Best Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) of 2020, October 27, 2020
- PC Gamer, The best UPS battery backup for PC gaming in 2020, October 27, 2020
- TechLounge, 7 Best UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supplies) of 2020, October 27, 2020
- TechRadar, Best Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) of 2020, October 27, 2020
As we come to the end of our journey to find the best inverter for uninterrupted gaming in 2022, we have to say that there is no clear winner. All of the inverters we tested had their pros and cons, and it really comes down to personal preference.
If you’re looking for the absolute best inverter money can buy, then we recommend the Enermax MaxTytan 1250W. It’s expensive, but it’s also the most powerful and feature-packed option out there. On the other hand, if you’re on a tight budget, then we recommend the Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W. It’s not as powerful as some of the other options, but it’s still a solid performer and it comes at a very reasonable price.