Does your back hurt when you sit down and play your favourite PC games for a long time? Here’s what you need: The best gaming chair for PC gamers.
Table of Contents
Our Pick for the Best Gaming Chair for PC Gamers 2022
NobleChairs is probably the manufacturer that, before the arrival of SecretLab, won the most votes, with its Icon and Epic series, whose gaming accents are subtle and very tasteful. Overall, this model is comfortable, robust and high-quality, and currently offers a much better price / quality ratio than its competitor. The maximum accepted weight is 150 kg.
Reclining backrest from 85 to 160 °, 4D armrests, leatherette cover, capacity of 120 kg. In view of the characteristics it offers, it is surprising to find the GT Omega Pro Racing at such a low price. However, a few flaws remain: its maximum height and shape make it a little less suitable for larger sizes and the robustness of the plastic of the wheels and handles is not convincing.
Of course, the investment in this chair can increase depending on the options chosen, but here you have the assurance of a modular chair, comfortable, and extremely resistant. This model is intended for users of “standard” morphology, with a height ideally between 1m60 and 1m80, for a maximum weight of 110 kg. the Titan comes in reinforcement for the users of 1m75 to 2 m and tolerates a maximum weight of 130 kg.
The T3 Rush is, as its name suggests, Corsair’s third gaming chair model. It takes different elements of the T1 Race while improving the end result with better durability and improved comfort. We therefore find fairly complete adjustment possibilities with 4D armrests, an easily adaptable backrest and the presence of 2 cushions to support your lower back and neck. It is suitable for medium builds and tolerates a maximum weight of 120 kg.
Best Gaming Chair for PC Gamers
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||Mid-range alternative|
|NobleChairs Icon||GT Omega Pro Racing||Secretlab Omega 2020 Series||Corsair T3 Rush|
|Robust and comfortable, this model is a benchmark in this price range. More discreet than many of its competitors, it easily integrates into any setup, whether gamer or more professional.||This ergonomic and comfortable chair offers many adjustment options coupled with a very interesting quality for its price range. Everything is packaged in a relatively understated design.||It is one of the best armchairs on the market, thanks to its exemplary finishes, its foolproof comfort and its very sophisticated ergonomics. The possibility of extending guarantees is also an interesting bonus.||High comfort and well thought out ergonomics are the terms that come to mind when talking about this model. It also adopts a fairly discreet rendering that sets it apart from its competitors.|
Vertagear SL-4000: Another brand that dominates the market. This particular model is very successful, thanks to its excellent quality / price ratio. Without being high-end, it features very solid materials, and great adjustment options, such as 4D armrests. On the other hand, its shape memory cushions are often considered too firm.
Corsair T2 Road Warrior: Very good but less comfortable. Accepting a maximum weight of 130 kg, 4D armrests, tilting of the backrest up to 170 °, removable neck and lumbar cushions and quality materials, this chair validates many good points. However, some users complain of a lack of firmness of the neck cushion and, on the contrary, of the too large presence of the lumbar cushion, reducing its general comfort.
NobleChairs Epic Real Leather: Extremely comfortable. This is the other flagship model of the NobleChairs brand, particularly popular in its leather version. Extremely comfortable, it was difficult for us to distinguish it from other high-end models. Its advantageous size and adjustment options make it suitable for almost all body types. It is a sustainable investment, and therefore profitable.
How to choose the best gaming chair?
With the development of e-sport, gaming chairs are becoming increasingly popular. But, suddenly, the market is more or less saturated with so-called “gamer” chairs, which are generally quite eye-catching but ignore the essentials, namely comfort and ergonomics.
Here are the essential characteristics to take into account before your purchase.
- Adjustment options: they are necessary for a good adaptation to any environment, guaranteeing better comfort. An ideal posture requires a torso facing the screen, with support for the neck and head. The armrests should preferably be adjustable in width and height and a reclining backrest to the lying position is a must for allowing yourself to rest.
- General ergonomics: all the operations mentioned above must be able to be carried out easily and quickly, preferably without even having to get out of the chair, for a directly optimized adjustment.
- User morphology: most entry-level and mid-range armchairs are only suitable for users of standard build (they are, on average, comfortable up to 1.80m and 100kg). The presence of “gamer” frills (lateral support for the shoulder blades and hips, for example) can quickly become a source of discomfort for a larger person, if they do not buy a specially adapted chair.
- The material: fabric chairs are generally softer but prone to stains and accelerated aging. Those in leather – the most popular – are often considered more comfortable, more stylish, and are in any case easy to maintain. In summer, in a poorly ventilated room, it can nevertheless become an ordeal. Finally, those in imitation leather have the main advantage of offering many of the advantages of real leather, but for a much more reasonable price. They are, however, less durable.
- Additional features: some armchairs offer massage and heating cushions, integrated Bluetooth speakers, etc. It is sometimes better to drop a few gamer gadgets which are often more marketing-related and raise the price to favor a good quality armchair.
If you have a reduced budget or are looking for a more discreet model, you can also turn to our selection dedicated to office chairs.
- Clubic, Gaming chair comparison: the best models in 2020, October 21, 2020
- IGN, Best Gaming Chairs 2020: Top Computer Chairs for PC Gamers, October 21, 2020
- pc mag, The Best Gaming Chairs for 2020, October 21, 2020
- T3, Best gaming chairs 2020: premium and comfy seats, October 21, 2020
- Techradar, Best gaming chairs 2020, October 21, 2020