Table of Contents
The 4 Best 17 Inch Laptops for Gamers in 2022
The Inspiron 17 7000 is an excellent choice for many users. Between its powerful processor and its touch screen, it has everything you need to be pleasant on a daily basis. However, this computer tilts quickly when asked for more demanding graphics work, especially because of its entry-level graphics card, below what can be found on other products of this price range.
The Acer Aspire 3 is well known in the laptop world. Whether it be in 14, in 15.6 or in 17.3 inches, it is the perfect example of a laptop suitable for small budgets. He is neither a power monster nor a portability model but he has the merit of being proficient at standard tasks. You will understand, gamers and creatives will have to go their way.
The Gigabyte Aero 17 has been a benchmark in the mid-range for several years. This version promises to correspond to a good number of users with its generous computing power and its latest generation graphics card. It also has a panel clocked at 300 Hz, an eleventh generation Intel Core i7 processor and endurance exceeding 6 hours. When you combine all these qualities, you quickly notice that it is ready for all your activities.
Multimedia, office automation, gaming… Here is a non-exhaustive list of the uses for which this product is intended. Its well-made screen and high audio quality give you a good viewing experience of your favorite movies, series and games while the available power leaves many possibilities for use. Be sure to take your charger with you though, as endurance is below average for this type of product.
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||Best high end|
|Dell Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1 (7706)||Acer Aspire 3 (A317-52-39NP)||Gigabyte Aero 17G (XC-8ES6430RH)||Razer Blade Pro 17 (2021)|
|Convertible, high-quality and efficient, this computer alone brings together everything you can look for in this type of device with, as a bonus, a touch screen, very rare on this type of template.||This computer is the basis of the 17-inch models. So, no debauchery of power but just a model that does what is necessary to make itself interesting as an office computer.||This laptop is a great example of versatility, especially thanks to the variety of configurations available and its very responsive screen. Creation, game or more classic tasks, nothing stops it.||A resolutely gamer premium product, it has high power combined with good comfort. It can also adapt to a more professional use and put on the long term by offering a certain scalability.|
Alienware m17 R4 (from 2347.99 € at the time of publication): A convincing gamer but lacking in precision. With its various configurations, this computer can adapt to the needs of gamers as well as professionals. Unlike many of its counterparts, it combines very good performance without too much impact on its portability. Unfortunately, his poorly calibrated screen brought him to a halt in his race for the title. His replacement, the X17, has just arrived on the market but we are awaiting more information about it before including it in our selection.
The world of 17 inch laptops seems to be in slow motion these days. Indeed, brands prefer to focus on models of 13 and 14 inches (see 15 inch), much more practical on a daily basis.
In this sense, large-screen laptops tend to specialize and focus more on the world of gaming or graphics. Suddenly, the number of solutions available to Mr. and Mrs. everyone tends to be sharply reduced.
However, there are still some good references on the market. To help you determine which model (s) will suit you best, here is a list of criteria to pay special attention to when making your choice:
- The screen: the 17-inch size provides a (very) large screen, around 43 centimeters. For this reason, it is very important that the definition is at least 1080p, that is to say 1920 pixels in length and 1080 pixels in height. This is called Full HD. In fact, the larger the screen of a device, the larger the pixels that make up the image will also be. Note, however, that the more qualitative the image, the more your battery will be affected.
- Ergonomics: typing comfort is essential to maintain your computer over time. To be of good quality, a keyboard must have well-spaced keys of a reasonable size. The backlight is a plus. At the same time, the touchpad must be large enough while being responsive to be pleasant to use. Gamers appreciate the presence of physical clicks.
- Performances : It is important that your PC is equipped with components powerful enough to allow you to perform your tasks properly. Of course, you won’t need the same components for office work, graphics work, or gaming. A good laptop should perform well enough. Therefore, if these are not to your liking, we invite you to consult our articles on processors and on graphics cards.
- Mobility : to benefit from good portability, the size of your computer must be as contained as possible. With 17 ”, the average weight is generally between 2 and 3 kg. Beyond that, it harms its transport. Autonomy, meanwhile, will be affected by the use of your PC: gaming consumes more energy because of the components, graphics too, if you opt for a high resolution (4K for example).
- The connection: it’s up to you to define what your needs are. With it, you can connect the device to other media such as a second screen, printers, a hard drive … Note that if the connection is weak, there are adapters to extend it.
- Digital Trends, The Best 17-inch Laptops: When Bigger Is Better, October 14, 2021
- IGN, Best 17 Inch Laptop 2020: Top Machines for Work and Play, October 14, 2021
- LaptopMag, Best 17-inch Laptops in 2020, October 14, 2021
- PCMag, The Best 17-Inch Laptops for 2020, October 14, 2021
- TechRadar, The best 17-inch laptop 2020: top large screen laptops for your money, October 14, 2021
The best laptop for gamers in 2022 is the Razer Blade Pro 17. It has everything that a gamer needs, including a powerful processor, a large screen, and great graphics. It also has a comfortable keyboard and trackpad, making it perfect for gaming and everyday use.
If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, we recommend the Acer Predator Helios 300. It’s not as powerful as the Razer Blade Pro 17, but it’s still a great laptop for gaming. It has a large screen and good graphics, and it’s much more affordable than other gaming laptops. Finally, if you need a laptop that’s portable enough to take with you on the go, we recommend the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14.